If you’re craving something fresh and healthy to snack on, this easy corn salsa dip is the perfect answer. Granted the tortilla chips probably aren’t the healthiest, but you could substitute with other things too. My husband came up with this dip a few years ago…honestly don’t even recall if he read a previous recipe or just came up with it on his own. Either way it’s a fave in our house this time of year. This easy corn salsa is a healthy snack alone, or add to a Mexican themed meal and enjoy!
1 Red Onion
Can or bag of frozen corn
Fresh cilantro (1 bunch)
Salt + pepper to taste
How to safely chop an onion
My husband recently came across this hack for chopping an onion and his life was made. He has been talking about it for days and was so excited to share, LOL! So here it is in a nutshell + a quick video for those that need a visual like me!
- Cut off both ends of the onion
- Shed the outer layer
- Dice/score both ways using a sharp knife cutting down to about 1/4 of an inch
- Then flip on the side that had layers and begin to slice…this is the part of amazement haha
Can you see how it’s scored??
- Warm corn in microwave or stovetop.
- Chop avocado into small sized chunks.
- Dice the red onion to small sized pieces
- Chop cilantro
- Add all ingredients to large bowl (I like to use one that has a lid) and mix together
- Sprinkle in salt + pepper to taste
- Enjoy with tortilla chips or in a flour tortilla!
Let me know if you try it! Don’t forget to check out all of my other tried and true easy recipes while you’re here too! Be sure to pin them for later for easy reference.
Want more posts like this? Sign up for my weekly email newsletter and receive these posts and more right to your inbox!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.