THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY HUDSONVILLE ICE CREAM. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE BRANDS THAT SUPPORT THIS BLOG!
Summertime is officially here, and the 4th of July is right around the corner! I always love to have a festive dessert ready to go for the holiday weekend and this year I decided to make patriotic homemade ice cream sandwiches using Hudsonville Ice Cream! Use the scoop locator to find out where Hudsonville Ice Cream is sold in your area! This recipe yields 12 ice cream sandwiches. I originally saw it over on Create Yum, and simply adapted it slightly to fit our needs!
INGREDIENTS & ITEMS NEEDED TO MAKE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Large bowl for melting Baker’s Chocolate
Multiple 9×12 Glass Baking Dishes (cookie sheets work well too!)
Ice Cream Scooper
2 – 4oz. packages of Baker’s White Chocolate
1- 48oz. carton of your favorite Hudsonville Ice Cream flavor
(we used Limited Edition Blueberry Graham Delight, which combines a fresh blueberry with ribbons of graham cracker AND the Limited Edition American Fireworks which is perfect for all of summer’s star-spangled celebrations)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO MAKE PATRIOTIC HOMEMADE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Let’s start with a pro tip first. I think this recipe works best if you let your ice cream thaw for 5-10 minutes so it has a softer consistency when you start to make your sandwiches. Just let the ice cream soften a bit while you get started on the rest! Let’s go!
- Melt your Baker’s White Chocolate according to instructions on the package, and be sure to use a bowl that is large enough to place a full graham cracker face down in the icing to coat it.
- Line your counter with parchment paper. This will make for super easy clean up at the end, and no icing / sprinkles all over your counter!
- Place one side of a graham cracker face down into the bowl of melted white chocolate and place on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle your variety of festive sprinkles on top of the iced graham crackers and let the icing/sprinkles set for about 10 minutes.
- Spray your glass baking dishes with non-stick cooking spray. This will help prevent your ice cream sandwiches from sticking to the bottom.
- After letting the icing/sprinkles set for a few minutes, begin to place the now iced graham cracker – icing side up into the baking dishes.
- Line 12 of the iced/sprinkled graham crackers into your baking dishes.
- Scoop two scoops ice cream on each of the graham crackers in the dish/baking pans, and top with an iced/sprinkled graham cracker. Very gently press the graham cracker on top of the ice cream.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.
- If any sandwiches are stuck together use a knife to gently slice between the ice cream to break free.
- Serve and enjoy within 3- 5 days.
For easier storage, and to free up freezer space, store the extra sandwiches in a ziploc freezer bag. I wrapped each one in a piece of parchment paper too to prevent them from sticking together! We love celebrating the sweet moments in life with Hudsonville Ice Cream, check out other ice cream related posts here!
You’re only one scoop away from your sweetest summer ever! Click here to grab a $2 off coupon good on your next purchase of ANY Hudsonville Ice Cream flavor! ENJOY!