Happy Friday friends! It’s a short work week for me as we are headed to the lake with friends for our annual (no kids) weekend! Be sure to follow along on IG stories! Before I go though, I wanted to share my latest must have with you! A bandana scarf! Chances are you have one of these around the house just waiting to be worked into your wardrobe. I’m sharing four easy ways to incorporate a bandana scarf into your next outfit!
TIED TO A PURSE
By far the easiest way to “wear” a bandana scarf is to tie one to your purse! It gives a bag a whole new look and it’s one that you don’t have to worry about whether or not you tied it right. There really is no way to mess this up, trust me!
Another way to wear your bandana scarf is to tie it like a bracelet around your wrist. You may need someone to help you (or maybe I’m just really uncoordinated) with this option, but here’s a quick tutorial for you to try:
- Lay scarf on flat surface
- Start rolling from one corner (making the roll widths to your desired liking)
- Lightly drape the rolled scarf atop your wrist with equal parts on both sides
- Wrap one side under, and then the other
- Tie in a loose knot (this is the part you may need assistance with)
AROUND YOUR NECK
There are many ways to accomplish the scarf around the neck look. In this case I went for more of the western tie as I would call it. I folded the scarf from one corner to the other to make a triangle and then loosely tied it in the back. It’s the perfect accessory for dressing up an otherwise simple outfit.
In your hair
I love this one because you can wear it with long or short hair, with your hair down, or with your hair in a pony. To get my look shown below, follow these steps:
- Roll your scarf to your desired width
- Put your hair in a pony
- Place the scarf underneath with the ends coming to the top of your head
- Loosely tie the ends on top of your head to your liking
You kind of have to play with the knot a bit so it’s not sticking straight up.
Shop some of these cute bandana scarves below!
Have a great weekend friends!
Be sure to check out my post on 3 ways to wear cropped flares!